Sunday, October 14, 2007

Inspiration!

Sometimes something happens at the right time, and it penetrates the chinks in the armor that we build around ourselves.

I'm a bit down about recent goings-on in the online autism community. I need cheering up, but all my colleagues are similarly afflicted with negative feelings. Where do I turn?

Where indeed?

A few moments ago an email came to us from one of our son's former behavioral therapists. It's a video that I will post here.
This video is Christian, and it is tremendously inspirational. Regrdless of your feelings about religion, Christianity, or anything else, I think you will find this to be enlightening, applicable to your daily life, and just really intensely wonderful to watch. Though the context is Christianity, it is a skit about life, about right and wrong, about trials and successes, about love and hate, about ups and downs, about danger and safe harbor, about many of the things we all have been dwelling on the last few days.

Even if you are unable to identify with Christian values or symbolism, try to set that aside for 5-1/2 minutes while you watch this - you won't likely regret it.

Click here for video

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The video was very fitting for our time. As a country with a wildly escalating teenage suicide rate we all need to be aware of the pressures and traps our young people must fend off just to keep going.

It also reveals the detractors that live among us and their pointless hatred.

Club 166 said...

Liked the video.

I see that you also got spammed by the book ad.

Nothing like someone spamming my blog to want me go out and buy it. ;)

Joe

Anonymous said...

Fortunately the publisher's name "Jessica Kingsley Publishers" was given so that all of their books can be avoided, not just the one being spammed.

Marla said...

That was unlike anything I have ever seen before. Thanks for sharing.