Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Marley and Us

Last July I wrote a post that served as an introduction to Marley. At the time, Marley weighed about 10 or 12 pounds and was just all kinds of cute. Just for fun, my wife thought it was time to post a comparison. So, here's Marley on July 15, 2007:

And here is Marley on May 15, 2008, just 10 months (and about 95 pounds) later:

(Hint: Count the bricks for a size comparison)

Now, you may be asking yourself after seeing these time-lapse photos, "Did that big oaf of a dog even move during that 10 month period?"
Yes, he did. But only to eat.


Oh, and to chase Robots. (Bev, you are not the only autistic person with an affinity for robots. J ... loves ... robots ... too...)
Is it all worth it? You know, three kids and two dogs? That's a lot of mouths to feed. That's nary a moment of rest in a day. That's more cleaning for L than one should probably ever have to clean. A crawling baby, spilled apple juice, and a shedding black lab is the modern day equivalent of being tarred and feathered. So why exactly do we do it?

For the answer, lets ask Baby C. He doesn't talk yet, so we'll let a picture speak 1000 words.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that one speaks volumes and volumes.

You gotta be doing something right!

Patrick

Club 166 said...

I LOVE that picture.

Joe

Niksmom said...

ROFL! My sister has two great danes so I totally get how big Marley is getting! But, OMG, OMG, OMG, that last picture is just the most adorable thing I've seen in a long time!

Anonymous said...

So adorable! I miss your fun family!

Danielle

Navi said...

aw.

We have 3 kids, 2 cats, 2 bunnies, and a dog (granted, cats and bunnies eat quite a bit less than dogs...)

The dog is a recent acquirement. I'd been thinking of a dog for my son.

Turns out this one turned out to be a great one for my husband (who's bipolar/adhd). But then a calmer dad is much better for our son, so I guess the dog, in a way, helps Tristan, too.