Thursday, May 22, 2008

Here We Go Again!

I am thrilled to announce that the Autism Hub will once again be featured at the University of San Diego Autism Institute's Conference - this time in late June.

In January, Bev, Dad of Cameron, and I were fortunate enough to put on the first-ever Autism Hub presentation. By all accounts, it was a successful venture and the attendees hopefully left with a broader view of autism than when they started. And now its time to do it again - but this time we'll take it up a notch and actually do two presentations!

This time (the conference is June 23-25 and titled "Autism: Work With Me, Not On Me"), we will be joined by two more Hub members - Estee Klar-Wolfond will be coming in from Toronto, and Autism Diva will be heading south to bolster our ranks! We are excited to welcome these two Hub bloggers to the presenting group, which now numbers 5.
Estee will also be delivering a keynote address, which I very much look forward to. Especially in light of her recent health problems, I couldn't be more pleased to have Estee join us. And Autism Diva? What a pleasure it will be to have her depth of knowledge and experience as part of our team.

On the USD website, you can see the speaker bios and presentation descriptions. The conference will be held in in the Rotunda/Theatre at the Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace and Justice - a fitting location for the content we will deliver.

The Autism Hub is a special "place", and I will be proud to once again stand with my fellow bloggers and represent just a few of the many perspectives that are contained therein.

5 comments:

Bev said...

I look forward to seeing you again!

Niksmom said...

Damn this hwole continent-thingy that stands between DE and CA, anyway! Sigh...I'll be there in spirit. I know you will all be brilliant!

Anonymous said...

Your kid is really lucky to have a father like you!

And this blog post is great!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you and Bev and Do'C have paved the way for another Hub Blogger presentation.

I look forward to meeting you all. Thanks to the organizers for inviting you back and allowing Estee and I to jump in.

John Best said...

How about inviting me so I can present the opposing view to the Autism Hub's raving lunacy?